Digital Product Designer
Now more than ever, design means taking off the headphones and coming out from behind the computer screen in order to talk to people, expose problems and offer solutions. In the digital culture we live in, we think of our output as products and our clients as users. “Products” might be websites, apps or communities that are a user-centered extension of a brand.
As Digital Product Designer, you’ll focus on building a range of user-centered products and services. You will play a vital role in formulating and establishing product vision, functionality, and overall design experience, while stewarding the brand during product development.
- You are an extremely motivated person who loves challenges.
- You are native Dutch-speaking. Fluently English and French is an asset.
- You are a talented interface designer who values clean and minimal design on one hand and bold designs on the other.
- You understand users.
- You believe in the value of user-centered design.
- You can translate the rationale behind your work to stakeholders, and can inspire, motivate, and mentor junior designers.
- You possess skill sets across many design disciplines, including: user research, user experience, prototyping, ideation and interaction design.
- You think big, and can build ideas from the ground up.
- You are collaborative but self-directed.
- Lead design efforts across individual products, from concept to final execution.
- Create high-fidelity mockups and work with engineers and product managers to oversee UI design implementation, while also serving as an advocate for design in strategic product decisions.
- Work with Product Design team to develop UI toolkits.
- Translate findings of user research into amazing designs.
- Collaborate with UX designers, strategists and product managers to conceptualize and design new product concepts.
- Team up with other Product, Brand and Marketing designers to create consistent customer experiences across products.
- Pitch at least 5 pro-active ideas per day to our Design Director. (just kidding)
Requirements and skills:
- 3+ years experience designing engaging user experiences for desktop, web, or mobile apps - accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- Ability to think about a problem from multiple angles to come up with the best design.
- Unique drive to continue pushing products forward and innovating.
- A strong sense of design theory and typography are critical.
- Ability to prototype designs in lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity as required.
- Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Articulate and passionate verbal communicator.
- Creative wizard with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and The Sims 3.
- A super challenging job in a happy and healthy company
- Challenging and technologically innovative projects, for both Belgian and European customers
- Great colleagues in an inspiring and challenging environment; easily accessible if you come from Antwerp, Brussels, Ghent, the Netherlands, etc.
- As part of the international Wunderman and Young & Rubicam group, vast training and education facilities (Wunderman Academy) and international career possibilities
- Obviously a competitive salary with numerous fringe benefits and the necessary means to further improve your career
- These Days is a multicultural environment and does not take into account race, religion, skin color, nationality, etc… when hiring new staff.