IT and DevOps Engineer (Mid-level/Senior)
IT duties and responsibilities
- You will be responsible for maintaining the IT infrastructure of several companies in our group: 1 in Brussels, 1 in Amsterdam and 2 in Antwerp. You will be able to do most of your work remotely from your home base in Antwerp, but you are willing to visit the other companies occasionally.
- In this job, you will be assisted by experts around the world, who will take on the bulk of the operational IT tasks. You will help to manage them and follow up with them, but you won’t mind rolling up your sleeves and joining in. You will also help to manage 1 Help Desk Officer directly.
- You will work with the CTO & CFO of These Days to help prepare the annual budgets and ensure that everyone has the necessary equipment and software to provide cutting edge work.
DevOps duties and responsibilities
- You will be the first point of contact for the development teams in different locations. You will use your DevOps knowledge to help the front and back ends resolve their technical problems or to give them advice.
- You will be involved in the technical projects at These Days and you will develop the perfect hosting solution. You will take into account the technologies used and the required scalability.
- You will also be the first point of contact for These Days’ hosting partners. You will manage all products (VDS, shared, dedicated) and you will be responsible for the technical and administrative follow-up in this regard.
- You will use your technical knowledge to build and set up internal development and staging environments. These environments depend on the required technology (Apache/PHP/MySQL or IIS/.net/MSSQL).
Knowledge and experience
Your ICT training and/or your proven work experience of at least 3 years has provided you with good knowledge of Windows 2008/2012 and/or *nix network environments. You understand PHP and .net and you know how these programming languages are integrated at server level.
You also have the following knowledge:
- Windows 2008/2012
You have a positive attitude, good communication skills and a can-do attitude, so you really enjoy teamwork with like-minded techies and your discussions that no one else understands.
You can work very independently and systematically, you are flexible and you make sure all internal customers get the right service.
It goes without saying that you have a perfect command of Dutch and you also have working knowledge of English and French.
These Days is a cheerful mix. We do not care about religion, skin colour, nationality, … as long as you know your profession and are a fun person to work with.