Strategic Planner – Retail Focus
Labstore is the These Days retail & shopper division. Currently, retail marketing is the most dynamic area of the marketing spectrum, and demand is booming. The Omnichannel challenge, digitization and the exploded retail landscape is full of great opportunities for commercial strategists with a keen eye on how retail works.
The Strategic planner role inside our Labstore division is responsible for shopper and retail marketing insight generation, consultation and permanent follow up of our clients’ retail operations. You will be working on FMCG, manufacturer and retail clients.
Your job is to actively shape our clients’ customer voyages and touchpoints
- Consult clients on retail / shopper research objectives, discussion guides, methodologies, etc.
- Create and advise clients on retail calendar improvements
- Collaborate with account, creative, digital, social, media specialists to create and manage the omnichannel strategies of our clients
- Take retail & shopper research findings and craft them into insights
- Develop shopper strategies for manufacturer clients and retailer clients
- Sharp, concise creative briefs
- Evaluate proposed creative ideas against briefs
- Guide accounts and creatives in the possibilities that retail environments possess: media, carriers, packaging, shop functioning, events, sampling, …
You actively and openly seek collaboration and interaction with the These Days arsenal of specialists: brand strategists, technologists, accounts, creatives and marketeers.
- Hybrid and generalist personality
- You love the retail aspect of marketing and the impact it can have
- 5 years (minimum) experience in a Retail agency or agency with a lot of retail clients and/or marketing experience with a retailer brand and/or a retail/shopper marketing experience with a manufacturer brand
- You understand how retail formulas work: the calendar, the offer, promotions, the channels that exist, the role of media, the role of CRM and 1-to-1.
- You understand how different kinds of shops work (e-com, boutique, tech, F1/F2) , you have an understanding of the limitations of logistics and infrastructures but you are not afraid to challenge them
- You understand how brands work
- Presentation skills & ability to produce concise and convincing documents, insights and proposals
- Must be able to deal with pressure and unpredictable circumstances; not territorial
- Comfortable working with various types of people – junior, senior, Creatives, Account Managers, clients
- Cliché, cliché: you will receive a competitive salary.
- Now for something slightly more original: we can also offer you just about all conceivable fringe benefits.
- These Days works for different customers. Some brands live around the corner, others are European players.
- You will be immersed in our team of experienced advertising grandmasters and young prodigies.
- We are easily accessible from all directions by car, public transport, bicycle, etc.
- We are part of the WPP Network, which offers opportunities for your further training and career.
- Talent development, training & education via WPP University and tailor made programmes (up to MBA).
- These Days is a cheerful mix. We don’t care about religion, skin colour, nationality, … as long as you know your profession.