As a Graphic Designer, you’ll focus on creating visual concepts to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate consumers. It’s your job to combine art, design and technology to communicate ideas through great design-concepts, images and layouts for both digital and print.
- You are an extremely motivated person who loves challenges.
- You are native Dutch-speaking. Fluently English and French is an asset.
- You are a talented visual communication designer with a keen eye for detail.
- You are able to push the boundaries of a concept with great design.
- You are convinced that design plays the most important role in modern day advertising and communication.
- You can translate the rationale behind your work to stakeholders, and can inspire, motivate, and mentor junior designers.
- You are able to look at your work from the point of view of the consumer and examine how the designs you develop will be perceived by the consumer to ensure they convey the client’s desired message.
- You think big, and can build ideas from the ground up.
- You know when to break the rules….and when to stay on track.
- You are collaborative but self-directed.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Think of new approaches to communicating ideas to consumers.
- Lead design-centric campaigns for a broad range of clients, from concept to final execution.
- Meet with clients and the design director to determine the scope of a project.
- Advise clients on strategies to reach a particular audience.
- Determine the message the design should portray.
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message.
- Develop graphics for campaign illustrations, logos, and websites.
- Collaborate with a team of art directors and copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
- Use innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
- Create award-winning designs.
Requirements and skills:
- 3 to 5 years experience designing powerful visual and graphic design experiences for advertising and visual communication.
- Ability to think about a problem from multiple angles to come up with the best design.
- Unique drive to continue pushing design forward in the advertising industry.
- A strong sense of design theory and typography are critical.
- Ability to create diverse design solutions that have a high visual impact.
- Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Articulate and passionate verbal communicator.
- Creative wizard with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3.
- A super challenging job in a happy and healthy company
- Challenging and technologically innovative projects, for both Belgian and European customers
- Great colleagues in an inspiring and challenging environment; easily accessible if you come from Antwerp, Brussels, Ghent, the Netherlands, etc.
- As part of the international Wunderman and Young & Rubicam group, vast training and education facilities (Wunderman Academy) and international career possibilities
- Obviously a competitive salary with numerous fringe benefits and the necessary means to further improve your career
- These Days is a multicultural environment and does not take into account race, religion, skin color, nationality, etc… when hiring new staff.